Employment Litigation & Counseling
People are often your greatest strength and greatest risk. We understand that managing employees requires multiple skills and strategies. Avoiding formal employment litigation is always preferable. We counsel employers about a range of business practices that can mitigate risks and help forestall costly litigation. Our lawyers are also experienced in conducting internal investigations, preparing severance agreements, and otherwise settling matters internally. We also represent clients before the EEOC and related government agencies. If matters cannot be concluded internally, or at the agency level, we are prepared to represent clients in federal and state courts in a range of matters, including claims of discrimination, sexual harassment, and wrongful termination.
- Representation of an Upper East Side medical practice and its office manager in federal court in connection with federal, state and city claims of race discrimination, sexual harassment and violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Representation of a female Chief Executive Office in a dispute with her employer following termination.
- Representation of a C-Suite executive in connection with allegations of race and age discrimination before the New York State Office of Human Rights.
- Counseling of a New York government official in connection with allegations of sexual misconduct and related ethical violations.
- Development and implementation of employment/HR compliance and risk mitigation programs for various clients.